Old Grammar School and searching for a book

Home Forums Notes & Queries Old Grammar School and searching for a book

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Timothy Owens 5 days, 3 hours ago.

• Author

Timothy Owens

I am trying to track down a book which was referenced in Hind’s History of Northumberland, and which I think I have also identified the same work in the bibliography of Anna Rossiter’s book on Hexham in the seventeenth century. The reference is: C.Mackenzie (1807) A History of Northumberland, Mackenzie and Dent. I would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of a copy of this book, as I haven’t been able to track one down.

The reason for my interest in this work is that I am conducting some research into the Old Grammar School in Hexham on behalf of the new owners of the site and am collecting references to the building. The book I’m seeking appears to be the source for the fact that the building dates to 1684, and I’m eager to track that claim back to an original document. I imagine it may have come from the Governors’ minute books in the Northumberland Archives, but haven’t been able to get there yet to check.

Any help with either the book, or my reasons for seeking it would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Tim Owens

Reply To: Old Grammar School and searching for a book
Your information: